FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Why is seeing manatee’s in the Orange River “seasonal”? – The manatee’s migrate into the Orange River during the cold winter months when the waters in the Gulf of Mexico and surrounding areas fall below 70 degrees. They congregate to the warm water outflow provided by the FPL power plant, which makes for a nice tour observation. Once the waters warm up, the manatee’s will disperse seeking a more plentiful food source until the waters turn colder again.
2) Do I need a reservation? – Yes, you do. The boat is U.S. Coast Guard approved for 24 passengers and 2 crew, so seats are limited.
3) Do you do tours every day? – No, we do not. Please check our website for available dates/times and excursions.
4) Can we book a private tour? – Yes, you certainly can. Call (239) 693-1434 to discuss the specifics.
5) Where do I park? – Sweetwater Landing Marina is a very busy location and with the new Boathouse 31 Restaurant open, it is sometimes challenging to know which entrance to take and where to park. Enter the marina at the entrance which is located near the larger new boat storage building. (Coming north on Rt. 31 it is the first entrance on the left; coming south on Rt. 31 it is the third entrance on the right) Follow the paved driveway which goes behind both storage buildings and directly into the paved parking lot. Find a parking spot and head to the floating dock (directly in front of the smaller boat storage building) to board the River Queen II. DO NOT PARK AT THE RESTAURANT.
6) Is there a bathroom on board? – Yes, in case of an emergency, there is a flushable toilet and a sink with running water for your convenience.
7) Can I bring my dog? – Yes, if your dog is friendly, we are friendly!
8) Can I bring food and beverages on board? – Yes you can. We provide water and during sunset tours and private events, we also provide appetizers.
9) Are we guaranteed to see wildlife? – It’s nature, so there are no guarantees. However, we do our best to find neat things to see. During manatee “season”, the chances are pretty good for seeing our friends the “sea cow”.
10) What if the trip is canceled, do I get a refund? – If the Captain cancels the trip due to inclement weather or an emergency situation, a full refund will be provided. If you need to cancel your reservation, our policy states that you must notify us 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure in order to receive a full refund.